
I have to say that I do enjoy my cigarettes. I've been smoking for about 4 years now and I have grown an adaptation (I believe that is the right word) to the smoking smell. Now I've always been told that smoking is bad for your health. HOWEVER, I wasn't aware of the effect of smoking on my taste buds. So... I thought I would enlighten my readers with why this is...
Christopher Hatton wrote an article on this discovery. It has been said that smoking cigarettes have been linked to losing weight. This is due to the smoking technique and the actual nicotine that makes food less desirable. Christopher Hatton explains that cigarette smoking is not only deadens the taste buds but to the receptors in the nasalephithelium. This is what interferes with senses of smell and taste. There is no evidence that nicotine has the ability to suppress nerve activity in areas of the brain in which is associated with sensation of taste.
Now I suppose I'll go smoke a cigarette.
No comments:
Post a Comment